Tags

, , , ,

I know I said I was going to post some pics of the progress I’ve made on Stevie’s Garden quilt, but I wanted t finish the “blue bell” type of flowers first. And you know me, it seems like I unstich more than I stitch…I think it’s hard to audition colors and fabrics for small appliqués. For larger “ordinary” quilt blocks it is way much easier and most often work out in the end. I don’t know how many times I have cut and sewn parts only to find out they don’t feel right and I undo them and start over.

Well – this is my progress so far

20130407

Since I have absolutely no free walls that can hold this piece and the xtra hands was occupied otherwise, I taped it up in the hallway wardrobe. For the more spriggy stems, I decided not to do any more bias tapes, but instead did a double row of stem stitches. And to use some not entirely “me” colors in the blue bell 20130407b

Don’t get me wrong, I do love turquoise of hues, but it is not very often I have used them in quilt work.

Sam is still here, right now he’s playing on John’s PS3 in John’s room while he is sleeping. Now that must be brotherly love after all 🙂 The DH will drive him down to Norrköping later to 1) have a prospective new rental client view the apartment and later they will go to a joint meeting  – more about that later on. Me I am doing some laundry and then stitch the second blue bell sprig.

 

 

 

Advertisements